A sugar-free apple jam recipe – something not too sweet to spread on your toast or, my favourite, stir into your breakfast porridge 🙂
2 lb eating apples (net weight once cored)
2 tablespoons hot water
8 sweetener tablets (e.g. Canderel)
1/2 oz powdered vegetarian gelatine
Powdered cinnamon if required.
Prepare/sterilise the jars – put lids / seals into a saucepan of boiling water for a while. Wash jars with soapy water, drip dry and place in a warm oven for half an hour.
1. Simmer fruit with hot water until soft (there will still be sizeable lumps of apple in it it doesn’t need to be smooth).
2. Crush the sweeteners and stir into the hot apples (not boiling)
3. Add the vegetarian gelatine dissolved in a little hot water.
4. More water can be added to the mixture if you feel the texture needs it (add cinnamon at this stage if required)
5. Stir for several minutes.
6. Spoon into the jars.
7. We have kept ours in the fridge as the shelf life is unknown at the moment.
Very healthy and delicious on puddings / cereal / hot oat cereal. Delicious on sugar-free eierkoeken.